Group Technical Services Manager
Would you like to work for an international food business with a passionate team, a fast-moving, fun and informal environment with a portfolio of well-known household brands?
AB World Foods are an international branded food business, £160m turnover with 650 employees with a successful track record over the last 10 years of significant top line and profit growth. You will have heard of and probably enjoyed some of their great branded products such as Pataks and Blue Dragon, alongside their well-known branded condiments Tabasco, Levi Roots and Guinness. Although brands drive their business, ‘own label’ plays a very important role and they produce on behalf of the major retailers.
AB World Foods is part of the ABF Group, a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, a FTSE 100 company with sales of over £11.1billion and 102,000 employees in 46 countries. What is so special about ABF is that each operating company is still very much in control of its own destiny and accountable for its own delivery.
AB World Foods have recently taken the opportunity to review the organisation to make sure they have the right people with the right skills in the right places. They have identified the need to create a new Technical Services team based at their busy site in Leigh, to work alongside the current Process/Product, Technical and Commercial teams.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the Group Technical Services Manager will drive regulatory compliance, finished goods specifications and artwork excellence across 2 manufacturing sites – Leigh in the UK and Nowa Sol in Poland.
As a member of the Group Technical Management team, you will play a pivotal role in delivering the annual ‘Strategy into Reality’ process which defines the initiatives across both site and group technical teams. This enables AB World Foods to constantly push to think about future plans and maximise the achievement of business goals with and through their teams. The role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Management of a team of 2 Specification Technologists
- Proactively provide regulatory and technical compliance advice and information, working cross functionally to deliver a pipeline of existing and new product/packaging renovations
- Ensure customer specification standards are met and strong partnerships and communication is maintained with customers on an ongoing basis
- Ensure effective, fit for purpose systems are in place to provide finished-product artworks, specifications and technical information to customers as required.
- Act as Food Law Champion for AB World Foods to facilitate and advise on food law compliance across the business
- Chair Food Law programme meetings and convey food regulation messages to stakeholders
- Participate in retailer quality assessment panels and technical conferences
- You will have a regulatory/technical services background within the food industry – this can be across ambient, chilled or frozen
- You will have an in-depth understanding of UK and EU Food law
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Food Science, Food Technology or related subject
- Experience in a customer facing/focused role
- Proven track record of success within a fast paced FMCG environment
- Development of processes to meet changing needs of business/customers
- Strong management skills to develop and influence your team members and cross functionally within the business
- Passionate about results and developing people
- Creative problem solver with a can do, will do approach
- Ability to use regulatory and technical compliance understanding to support pragmatic business decisions
To apply directly please apply via the link below.