RAK Fish and Food Drying
The Operations Manager at RAK Fish and Food Drying LLC is a challenging opportunity where the jobholder will collaborate and align with the Board of Directors to ensure strategic plans are created and achieved by developing a deep understanding of the strategic plan and business model.
Responsible for the P&L of the factory, will develop and control profits, plans and budget for the efficient use of materials, machines and personnel; review and analyze activities, costs, operations and forecasted data to determine business progress toward agreed goals and objectives.
Direct operational efforts in the most efficient manner possible and by appropriate utilization of equipment and personnel ensuring the factory operates at maximum efficiency and output.
Liaise with national and international authorities and establish effective working relationships to ensure compliance in all aspects of quality, food safety, health and environmental issues.
RAK Fish and Food Drying LLC, based in Ras Al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates, commenced operations in 2018. Part of the RAK Ports Group it operates as a solely independent business entity. A purpose built factory, it is located on a site of 14,000m2 for the processing of fresh and dried fish. The operation comprises of Production areas; Chilled storage; Cold storage; Plate freezers; Blast freezers and Drying tunnels.
The business model allows us to manage all parts of the supply chain from processing, shipping, and distribution, in order to provide customers with fresh, sustainable, high-quality products.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent with an in-depth knowledge of operating in the fish processing and fish drying industry and fish related products
- Commercial acumen involving the purchasing, marketing and selling of fish related products
- Ability to read, interpret and explain the P&L with a proven track record of delivering business improvements
- 5 years’ managerial experience with evidence of fostering a working environment that encourages highly engaged employees
- A proven track record of supporting and driving a HSE culture with knowledge and ability to underpin the introduction of HACCP and ISO 22000 into the business
At RAK Fish and Food Drying you will earn a competitive expat package with an opportunity to drive the business forward.
Interested in joining a winning team? Please submit your CV and cover letter to Mark de Wet at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with an intended start date in early January 2019.