Head of Technical - Food
5 days left
- Contract Type
Head of Technical - Food
Up to £80,000 + Car Allowance + Private Medical
Aberdeenshire (*Full Relocation Package Available*)
Job Reference: GG/4200
Are you interested in taking the next step in your Technical career with a well-established and growing food manufacturer at their state-of-the-art facility based in a beautiful part of the UK?
If so, please read on…
Established over 60 years ago, this family-run business has a strong set of values and is quality focused. Their customers include some of Britain's biggest retailers as well as international food service companies.
With responsibility for the governance and strategy of the technical department, key duties include:
- Identifying the technical strategy and communicating this to relevant parties.
- Identifying and setting the business quality management system objectives.
- Identifying the department objectives and linking them to the technical strategy and business quality management system objectives.
- Setting the objectives for each team member and identifying a clear path for their development.
- Mentoring individuals within the technical team.
- Ensuring that manufacturing is conducted legally by remaining aware of any changes to legislation and/or guidelines and making the appropriate changes as and when necessary.
- HACCP Team Leader.
- Developing other members of the technical team so they are competent in HACCP.
- Completing supplier audits.
- Developing other members of the technical team so they are competent in completing supplier audits.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- A passion for mentoring and developing individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Professional approach and attitude.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs
- Extensive experience working in a technical role is essential.
- Previous experience of working in the food industry is essential.
- Proven experience with mentoring and developing individuals is essential.
- HACCP Level 4
- Extensive experience of BRC and retail audit requirements (multiple retailers).
- Sound knowledge of food legislation standards.
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV with GG/4200 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.
Apply for Head of Technical - Food
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly