Transport Supervisor- Nights
Do you have a passion for Transport and are looking for the next step into management?
Based at our Smethwick depot, we are looking for a Transport Supervisor to plan and lead a our Night shift transport team. You will ensure we deliver the required products to customers/depots in a timely manner and we are consistently operating in a manner which ensure the quality and safety of food goods and compliance with legislative and Group standards
This role will work on a 4 days on, 4 days off basis.Main responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to ensure that they are appropriately trained, operate to Group policy standards and shift performance is maximised
- Monitor operational practices to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are the critical priorities at all times
- Schedule and complete maintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with the vehicle check and servicing practices, cleanliness, food safety requirements and leasing agreements
- Maintain close communication with Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times
- Provide information and insight to inform the creation of the weekly route plans and associated drivers’ roster
- Monitor and adapt route and/or resource plans in response to any changes so that distribution service operates with maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Supervise the loading of vehicles to ensure that it is in the correct order in alignment with the vehicle route.
The role holder must be self-motivated and highly professional with a fair, consistent and diplomatic approach.
- You must have the ability to work unsupervised, using their own initiative and determined in driving improvement.
- You will have experience working in a fast paced distribution/ logistics environment supervising a team of drivers.
- You will have basic computer literacy – able to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- You should be able to demonstrable experience of making safety a critical priority within the team
- Experience working with HHT would be beneficial.