7 days left
- Contract Type
We are recruiting for a Warehouse Manager at our Warrington depot.
As Warehouse Manager you will work closely with the Depot Manager to ensure depot performance criteria is met and cost controlled through the effective planning, organisation, direction and control of all the depot personnel.Main responsibilities
Our Warehouse Managers work with our Depot Managers to identify and implement continuous improvement programmes which enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of pick, packing and the loading of vehicles in order to achieve operational and financial KPI’s.
You will liaise and agree all manning levels, recruitment, training, development and the discipline of all colleagues with your Depot Manager.
You will need to provide leadership and direction to the Warehouse teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential and ensuring all mandatory / skills training is up to date.
You will ensure a health and safety culture is embedded and monitor the use of material handling equipment so that a safe and efficient working environment is promoted at all times.
It will be your responsibility to ensure appropriate handling, management and storage of materials so that food safety is maximised and the operational plan can be achieved.Ideal candidate
A good understanding of chilled food distribution with a particular emphasis on warehouse picking
- Manage safety Level 2 e.g. Highfield Level 2
- Basic food hygiene certificate Level 1 e.g. Highfield Level 1
- Understand the best practice processes for picking and packing
- IT literate; able to use MS office to record and report effectively
- Experienced with sector specific electronic management tools e.g.; Voice picking and hand held technology
- Excellent customer service and a high level of numeracy and literacy