South West – commutable from Somerset, Wiltshire, Dorset & Hampshire
We are recruiting a Technical Manager on behalf of a fantastic chilled food client of ours based in the South West. They are keen to speak with experienced individuals who are looking for their next challenge.
The key responsibilities for the role will be:
- The management and motivation of site technical team including Quality manager and QA team
- Liaison with the wider site team including Site Manager, Area managers and Engineering to ensure the site runs to plan in line with agreed Technical and Hygiene standards.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers on all matters related to site food safety and quality standards.
- Maintain and develop HACCP and process control systems and documentation in line with company and customer requirements.
- Manage and maintain the Site QMS
- Responsible for effective communication between technical department and other internal departments; production, supply chain, sales and development to ensure the business operates to correct technical standards at all times
- Ensure the site is audit ready at all times and maintains its current BRC AA* rating
- Ensure that Hygiene standards/ GMP are maintained in line with Technical and customer requirement
- First degree in either; Food Science, Nutrition or Biology / Microbiology
- At least five years’ experience in chilled high care technical / quality management role
- Experience with major multiple quality and technical systems
- HACCP & Lead Auditor Qualified
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary - Depending on Experience
- 25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Monday – Friday / Office hours
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.