Material Controller, Oldham, Food Manufacturing
The Company is a c£160million business which supplies cake and desserts in Own Brand to the Major Multiples. There are two sites in the North West at Bolton and Oldham. The Oldham site is a craft bakery supplying cake products and mainstream desserts mostly to Marks & Spencers. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity based products making for example slab cakes, and top tier unit cake for a variety of retailers including Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco's and Morrisons, and also features some brand products.
The success of the Company has further been recognised both by its peers and within its sector by being awarded a variety of awards including the Bakery Food Manufacturer of the year.
The vacancy is for 1 Material Controller which will be working as part of the Purchasing team.
Key Example Duties:
- To schedule relevant packaging/raw materials from within an existing supplier base.
- Maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, colleagues and production departments to provide delivery of orders within designated time parameters.
- To create and release purchase orders, ensuring stocks are delivered as and when necessary.
- To be responsible for all scheduling and stock maintenance within an allocated area of responsibility.
- To use SAP as a guide to achieve scheduling and stock maintenance via daily exception reports ensuring that target minimum stock levels are achieved and maintained.
- To communicate and liaise with appropriate personnel where necessary, particularly where SAP is insufficiently maintained.
- To subject all SAP demands to sanity check using initiative and asking others where appropriate to fully understand the reasoning behind each action.
- To regularly interrogate all items of stock within your responsibility
- To be fully aware of your product range, and to understand where these items are used.
- To link knowledge and information gained with general sales and promotional activities in advance of SAP or forecast driven notice.
- To understand purchasing logistics information systems and purchase reports
- To provide administrative support in other areas of the department as directed by the Purchasing Controller.
Skills and Experience:
- Highly proficient in SAP, excel spreadsheets, word, and Microsoft office in general.
- Evidence of working against tight deadlines and being able to plan, prioritise and organise without direction
- Good communication skills across all levels are essential.
- Excellent organisational skills in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritise
- Good standard of numeracy.
- Applicants should be able to work on their own without supervision.
Hours: Monday 8.30-5:00pm, Tuesday to Thursday 7am till 3:30pm and Friday 8:30am till 4:00pm Flexibility is essential.
Salary circa £20,700k per annum Benefits: 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays, Money purchase pension scheme , Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers, Free Parking
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Planning Manager, Production Planner, Production Coordinator, Materials Planner, MRP Requirements Planner, Forecaster, Demand Planner, Logistics Controller, Stock Controller, Forecast and Supply Planner, Supply Chain Planner, Materials Controller, Scheduler, Food, Manchester, Oldham, Lancashire, Bolton, Rochdale, Preston,