A leading, well established FMCG/food company based in the West Midlands are growing & investing in their food auditing division & as a result, they are looking for a Certification Manager to lead the department in the next phase of their improvement journey.
You have the chance to join a world leading organisation who are striving to improve & further develop their customer relationships & offering. As the Certification Manager you will be collaborating with the wider senior management team & you will instrumental in defining & implementing strategy to ensure their continued success.
As the Certification Manager you will be developing best practices & leading the business unit in instilling a business improvement mind-set. You will be managing an audit team maximising the potential of the department by working closely with the sales & marketing teams whilst also liaising with existing & potential customers.
In conjunction with the Head of the Department, you will have overall responsibility for the day to day management of the Certification Body. Key Responsibilities:
- To manage the Certification Co-ordinator and the team of Auditors.
- To ensure that compliance with the requirements of the BRC and other certification schemes is maintained.
- To oversee coordination of audits of clients' sites within the scope of defined competencies.
- To develop new schemes and liaise with the Business Development team to bring to market.
- To ensure that UKAS accreditation is maintained and extended.
- To carry out witness audits as required.
- To correlate data and reports as required.
- To develop, write and deliver bespoke training courses/programmes that are client specific.
- To deliver, where appropriate relevant training and training courses.
- To liaise with clients and external organisations as appropriate (e.g. BRC and UKAS).
- To participate in the training programme and undergo further training as required and participate in schemes to ensure on-going competence.
- To uphold and maintain confidentiality.
A Quality/Audit specialist with experience leading a team & the following:
- Educated to Degree level in an agri- food related discipline e.g. Food Science, or hold an industry related qualification.
- Significant experience in a similar role with auditing, training or Third Party Accreditation experience.
- Strong people management and organisational skills.
- A collaborative working style.
- Proactive customer focus and commercial awareness.
- Recent training in BRC Global standards is essential.
- Awareness of regulatory trends and legislation in commercial industry situations.
- Auditing experience is desirable.
- Occasional travel may be required dependent on business needs so the successful candidate will need to have an element of flexibility.
Circa £50,000 - £59,000 + Car/Allowance + Additional Benefits