Graduate NPD/Launch Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
You have the chance to join a globally recognised FMCG company that are investing heavily in their site & its continued improvement. As the Graduate NPD/Launch Manager you will be supporting the senior management team; leading a skilled department into delivering against project timings & improving operational efficiency.
This is a leading company that work with major retailers & as such have been investing in new products & processes for their site in order to be able to keep up with customer demands & increase site capacity. As the Graduate NPD/Launch Manager you will also be a big part of implementing their continuous improvement strategy & lead the efficiency projects across the Birmingham site.
As the Graduate NPD/Launch Manager you will be supporting the development, application & implementation of new products. You will be instrumental in shaping the future of this business, working with multiple functions to ensure consistency. This is a varied role that will involve working with the project, development & operational teams in order to improve operational efficiency.
- Manage key projects; from developing & creating project plans to providing clear visibility of key steps that need to be achieved to deliver of NPD launch (from concept through to manufacture & then launch).
- Support the team with key administration tasks and objectives and provide efficient solutions to drive simplicity.
- Act as a lead contact for projects & manage day to day operational aspects associated to tasks and requirements linked to the project.
- Manage the production schedule from the business requirements that are requested from the Demand Planning team & produce a production plan. Managing that plan to ensure smoothing of production to reduce costs and monitoring performance during the week and have the ability to adopt the plan to manage the business requirements.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives in collaboration with internal/external customers to ensure the efficiency of the operation is maximised.
- Design and implement key performance indicators that identify shift/line performance & provide recommendations for improvement driving those continuous improvement plans on site across key site function to help increase performance and efficiency within the site.
You could be a NPD or Project professional with FMCG manufacturing/planning experience or someone who has recently completed a degree, placement or graduate scheme & is looking to further develop their career & expand their remit of responsibility.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A degree qualification in a scientific, supply chain or engineering discipline
- Project Management skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Problem solving capability
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Circa £28,000 - £35,000 + Benefits DOE