QA Technician / Quality Technician
QA Technician, suitable for a graduate - Oldham Food Manufacturing FMCG
We are recruiting for a Quality Assurance Technician for a leading food Manufacturer
We are a c£160million business which supplies cake and desserts in Own Brand to the Major Multiples. There is a site at Bolton and Oldham. The Oldham site is a craft bakery supplying cake products and mainstream desserts mostly to Marks & Spencers. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity based products e.g. slab cakes, and top tier unit cake for a variety of retailers including Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco's and Morrisons, and also features some brand products.
The success has further been recognised within its sector by being awarded a variety of awards including the Bakery Food Manufacturer of the year
- Compiling, issuing and training of process control records and quality standards.
- Attending trials and product launches.
- Auditing and monitoring of food safety, quality and legality within the factory.
- Internal Auditing (systems, GMP, CCP audits
- Investigation of Customer Complaints and attending Customer complaints meetings
- Troubleshooting and supporting Operations / Technical in resolving issues
- Monitor the standards of hygiene, food safety, GMP, traceability, allergen management, legality and quality
- Carrying out Traceability and Mass balance exercises
- Ensuring foreign body controls are in place and adequate in production areas
- Ensuring technical systems are in place in their factory / area and are being followed
- Organise / attend QC panels on site and ensure corrective actions are followed up and communicated
- Calibration of key equipment
- Carrying out swabbing (Micro and allergen) as and when required
- Ensuring their area / factory is to the best GMP standards ready for unannounced audits / customer visits.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role within a food manufacture environment OR educated to a degree in a food science related discipline.
- Some previous experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC), auditing and HACCP would be useful.
- Excellent organisational skills in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritise
- IT skills such as excel, word and power point are desirable.
- Good standard of numeracy.
- Understanding of Food Safety and Food Safety Systems such as HACCP
- Internal Auditing qualification is desirable.
- Must be completely flexible with working hours - may be required to do Nights, Evening or Weekends.
Hours: To be confirmed but will be either (6am - 2pm or 2pm - 10pm or 10pm - 6am), Shift finishes 1 hour early on Fridays. Flexibility is essential.
* Must be completely flexible with working hours - may be required to do Nights, Evening Weekends.
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers
- Free Parking
To Apply: Please press the "apply" button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to those looking for the following roles: QA Assistant, Quality Control, Quality Assurance Technician, Quality Control Technical Assistant Food Manufacturing FMCG, Manchester Bolton Blackburn Stockport Rochdale Warrington Bury