Business Improvement Manager - Direct to Store
Are you an assertive, persuasive and influential individual who is looking to take on their next high-profile role in their manufacturing career? You’ll need to be a passionate and challenge orientated individual who can take the lead in delivering change and excellent results in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like you, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Improvement / Continuous Improvement Manager due to the implementation of a new Manufacturing Excellence function across the UK, to be based at either Manton Wood or Hatfield, within Greencore’s Direct To Store Business.
You will be a key member of the Direct To Store team as you’ll be driving and developing continuous improvement and implementing lean manufacturing techniques within an warehousing and distribution environment.Package description
To deploy Greencore Manufacturing Excellence methodology and provide expertise in the leadership, deployment and transfer of recognised 'best in class' business improvement activities, standards and skills to enable the business unit to fulfil the business plans targets.
- Lead the creation and execution of the Business Improvement (BI) plan- diagnosing the business for opportunity identification and then turning the opportunities into transformation plans that deliver the business unit KPIs and financial targets.
- Deliver Manufacturing excellence/ lean enterprise training, as specified by business unit training plan to build capability within the team and across all functions
- Provide coaching and hands on support for the use of the business improvement toolkit to build practical experience and ongoing capability whilst delivering results.
- Engage key stakeholders to sponsor BI activity and act to embed an operational excellence / continuous improvement culture. Aligning leadership team behind improvement plans and strategies.
- Draw on business unit best practice and benchmarking to inform improvement plans.
- Review and analyse scorecard performance for the Manufacturing Unit teams to ensure data integrity, generate insight and action improvement plans which develop current performance
- Lead and direct the business unit BI team to ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential
- Identify resource requirements and work with Senior Leaders to build appropriate teams to deliver agreed programmes of work.
- Degree qualified or equivalent preferably in Engineering, Math, Science, Business, or Operations Management.
- Manufacturing or Consultancy experience- preferably within a recognised world class organisation
- Proven track record of delivering result in fast paced manufacturing environment
- Effective leadership of successful business changes, both performance/financial and cultural
- Strong training, coaching and facilitation skills
- Able to engage others to consider “what should we do?” and draw them away from “what do we actually do”
- Strong Influencer- Ability to build relationships and deliver results through managing stakeholders in a matrix structure.