Category Technical Manager
We are looking for a Category Technical Manager to join our Technical Team in our factory at Wembley.
The ideal candidate for this role will have proven experience in working in a short shelf life chilled food manufacturing environment and has a strong understanding of food safety and quality.
This role has the overall responsibility for maintaining food safety and quality for raw materials, third party products and packaging.
You will be responsible for the technical sign off of all shop files and shop labelling and will work collaboratively with the Food Team, especially on new launches.
Auditing is a key area of the role and you will be expected to conduct audits on 3rd party suppliers. Effective communication is vital as you will continually liaising with our food suppliers, aiming to ensure that quality remains paramount, providing detailed feedback where necessary.
You will also be responsible for internal audits, ensuring that any areas of concern are documented, followed up and steps are put in place.
Reporting to the Kitchen Technical Manager, this role will be based at Wembley.
Your responsibilities will also include the following:
- Completing food safety projects and carrying out internal food safety audits whilst reviewing all new food safety legislation and industry development.
- Implementing and monitoring food safety and hygiene procedures throughout the manufacturing process and ensuring that good hygiene standards are maintained.
- Maintaining standards, procedures & relevant record keeping mandatory for BRC accreditation.
- Liaising and supporting all relevant departments on food safety, quality and technical issues, notably the Food Team and new product launches.
- Delivering Basic Food Hygiene training to operation staff and reviewing all training material and courses for CPU.
- Investigating foreign body & alleged food poisoning complaints and compiling reports for customer services.
- Ensuring all traceability check sheets and Food Quality and Safety check sheets are filled & logged correctly.
- Creating/checking labelling artwork for third party products.
- Actively involved in product launches and attend first production on rotation within technical team.
- Completing monthly technical board reports, chairing regular Technical meetings with relevant departments in the business.
A little bit about you:
A degree in food science/ food safety management (or equivalent) is essential, with up to 3 years in a similar management role. You will also have the following qualities:
- You have exceptional planning and organisational skills and you are able to manage your workload to strict time scales.
- You possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels, both internally and externally.
- You have great attention to detail, always strive to improve on existing procedures.
- You are a lateral thinker with strong commercial acumen and excellent problem-solving ability.
- Experience of Q Plus is an advantage.
- Qualification in HACCP and working knowledge of HACCP principles
- Recognised qualification in training.
At EAT. we work as ONE so being a great team player and have a great as a sense of humour is essential
In return we will offer you:
- Salary circa £38,000
- Medical Insurance
- Group income protection
- Life assurance
- 20% Bonus
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Staff food allowance (£6/day)
- 50% discount
- Monthly Social Events
If this sounds like you please apply now!
Unfortunately, due to the high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Category Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly