Site Hygiene Manager
- ROLE: Site Hygiene Manager
- BUSINESS GROUP: Aryzta Bakeries UK and Ireland
- LOCATION: Kettering Bakery
- PURPOSE OF ROLE
To manage the Hygiene, compliance and upkeep of the buildings, assets and site services at a manufacturing unit or company location to ensure continued safety and service to all employees.
- REPORTING AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting into the Site Technical Manager you will be fully responsible for performance of the Hygiene department within a high speed food manufacturing environment.
Other Key Unit Contacts
Engineering Manager/ Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the cleaning of the Bakery, production equipment, perimeter areas and staff amenities; ensuring all areas meet the company, customer and legislative hygiene standards on a daily, weekly and periodical basis.
- Purchasing and stock control of hygiene equipment, protective clothing, cleaning chemicals and other as required.
- Compilation/updating of hygiene schedules in accordance with customer COP’s.
- Daily management of the Hygiene personnel team.
- Compliance with record keeping for the Company Quality Management Systems.
- Design and implementation of a site services strategy that minimises Company risk from a technical, financial or health and safety perspective.
- Responsibility for the operational management and service delivery of all contracted services against budget.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that colleagues are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential.
- Develop an effective, disciplined and highly efficient hygiene team
- Set and manage annual budgets, balancing efficiency and effectiveness to ensure services are provided within agreed parameters.
- Identify, prioritise, and create proposals to maintain and develop the site infrastructure in line with Bakery strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with the engineering manager on the maintenance schedule to maximise asset availability for the Bakery.
- Monitor departmental KPI's, aligning activity to ensure targets are achieved.
- Drive quality, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Promote an open and direct management style that encourages progress and development with team members and client stakeholders.
- Ensure financial policies and processes are effectively communicated, implemented and monitored.
- To be customer focused within all areas of operational activities and maximise relationships within internal stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING
- Proven track record of operating at Hygiene Management level within FMCG, food manufacturing environment.
- Project Management skills.
- Understanding of budgetary management.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft and computerised management systems.
- HACCP Trained
- Trained in pest awareness and COSSHH.
- NEBOSH/IOSH Certified.
- Experience of leading a diverse workforce
- Experience of contributing to a multi-functional operational management team
- Ability to complete report writing etc.
- Food hygiene accreditation
- Strong leadership, communication and organising skills
- Self -Motivated and possesses lots of initiative
- Results-orientated with a positive attitude to drive forward continuous improvement
- The ability to work flexible hours in line with business needs (weekend and bank holiday working)
- The ability to manage a budget effectively
- Experience of audits e.g. BRC/M&S/PIU/TFMS (Tesco Food Manufacturing Standards).