Eden Scott’s client is food manufacturer based in Aberdeenshire. Forming part of a larger Group, this company has exciting ambitions of growth for this site. They are looking for a new Technical Manager, who would consider themselves a self-starter. They are looking for someone who can take ownership and affect real change to the business and lead the technical team.
This is what we need from you to be part of this proactive team:
- Assisting the Production Manager to develop and train the production team,
- Liaison with Admin, Sales, Production, Engineering Colleagues plus the General Manager
- Developing the Food Safety Management System in line with the HACCP and BRC plan
- Heading up all factory food safety and quality audits (e.g. Customer, SALSA, BRC, Governmental).
- Investigating incidents and internally/externally raised issues so that coherent plans and responses can be made for staff and other parties
- Ensuring that the site takes a professional approach to food safety quality and legality, has the appropriate due diligence systems in place and operates within them
- Ensuring a strong presence on the factory floor
- Being the Technical/Quality/Food Safety point of contact for: Suppliers, Customers, Government food safety authorities.
- Preferably trained Food related subject ideally including Food Technology /Science, and/or have a good knowledge of seafood handling practices.
- Experience with direct supply to the UK retail sector chilled/frozen food manufacturing industry (preferably in Seafoods or meat) and with front line exposure to external audits (e.g. from UK retailer or BRC).
- A self-starter able to work under their own initiative and have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with factory staff, colleagues, senior management, customers and authorities.
- The ability to discuss and present an appropriate response to difficult situations (e.g. with colleagues or suppliers or customers) in order to achieve an appropriate result.
- A well organised individual who is a proficient time manager and capable of developing and using their team to prioritise and handle many tasks.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Manaba Myeni on 0131 550 1128
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.