Global Manufacturer are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to bring a cultural change to the Health and Safety to its complex manufacturing and operational buildings.
Huge multi-national manufacturer who operated in several continents with a strong focus on the health and welfare of their staff with circa 800 employees within their manufacturing and operational facilities. They supply into a wide range of industries and have a large portfolio of products.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing effective EHS leadership and management to maintain safety in the workplace.
- Provide strategic development on EHS issues to site leaders.
- To develop and standardise EH&S management systems.
- To provide technical expertise on environmental health and safety related matters to EH&S managers and site leaders.
- To monitor and ensure the application and communication of hazardous material standards, procedures and practices is undertaken at site level.
- To manage the Safety Assessment for Effectiveness programme .
- To investigate and provide route cause analysis for serious safety and environmental matters.
- To oversee the provision of site EHS development programmes, based on sustainable corrective measures.
- To provide detailed EHS site audits with corrective actions identified for short, medium and long-term improvements.
- To provide an interface with the EHS corporate team on environmental health and safety matters.
- To maintain the site ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification.
- To ensure that all Corporate reporting metrics are kept current and submitted on time.
The Health Safety and Environmental Manager:
- Deep knowledge of EHS issues consolidated with significant practical experience.
- Formal high level qualification in health and safety
- Formal qualification in environmental.
- Good general education required with particular attention to skills developed in engagement and staff development.
- Multiple years of experience in complex safety matters including Machine guarding, Chemical safety, Environmental management, Manual handling and Ergonomics
Offer negotiable on experience