Transport Operations Manager
5 days left
- Contract Type
We're one of the world's biggest dairy producers. Join us as a Transport Operations manager at our Leeds (Stourton) Transport Depot and you'll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
Create the Future
As a Transport operations manager you will be responsible for the leadership of the Stourton inbound depot in the collection of raw milk from our producers who, as a co-operative business, are also our owners.
Reporting into the Head of Inbound Operations you will provide strong leadership for 4 shift managers and a team of drivers operating milk collection tankers and combination vehicles ensuring a high standard of service, along with legal compliance and a focus on health & safety including the roll out of key safe behaviours to all colleagues. Further responsibilities will include:
* Liaising closely with Head Office and the Stourton Dairy to improve operational efficiencies and support the delivery of Arla's calcium initiatives
* The development and ownership of the site business plan, budget and managing costs efficiently
* Oversee the planning and organising of the 24/7 depot to ensure the efficient and effective management of the milk collection operation, and be a point of contact for farmers and resolving issues in a timely manner
* Ensure high levels of fleet and driver utilisation and lead the depot lean and continuous improvement initiatives including the one collection initiative
* Actively driving people development and engagement of own team including the ownership of the depot driver training agenda, recruitment and retention
Grow with Arla
We're committed to professional development and promoting from within. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you'll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
We're looking for an experienced Transport Operations Manager with a National CPC qualification. You will be a proactive leader with the ability to deliver accurate results under tight and pressured time constraints. Without the ongoing delivery of raw milk to our dairies we cannot produce high quality dairy products for our customers, so this role is essential in achieving our business goals.
Experience of unions would be desirable but not essential.
Apply online as soon as possible please, but not later than 10th December 2018. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package relative to the current market. We look forward to hearing from you.