Group Research & Development Manager
Job Title: Group Research & Development Manager
Location: North West, Bolton, Greater Manchester
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & Executive package to attract the best
A.G. Barr p.l.c. is a FTSE 250 UK based branded consumer goods business with a history going back 140 years.
A soft drinks business at its core, A.G Barr offers a diverse and differentiated portfolio of great tasting brands such as the iconic IRN-BRU, market-leading RUBICON exotic fruit juice drinks, and the Scottish spring water STRATHMORE.
Enhancing the portfolio, Barr also operates long-term successful partnerships, complementing its own range of products with global brands ROCKSTAR, SNAPPLE, SAN BENEDETTO and most recently BUNDABERG Brewed Drinks in the UK and beyond.
The company is committed to continued strong and sustainable growth, delivered through continued investment in our brands and in innovation, maintaining focus on efficiency in all areas of operations and developing strong sales execution capability across routes to market.
Due to an internal move, we are now recruiting for a Group R&D Manager to deliver world class R&D solutions, as well as develop the vision and strategy for the function as part of our next exciting phase of development.
- We’re looking for an experienced Group Research & Development Manager who has a real passion for what they do, to lead and inspire our Formulation and Packaging Development Teams. Your role has overall responsibility for developing and maintaining product experiences, (formulation and packaging) that consumers love and support our profit objectives.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, you will be able to demonstrate success in leading NPD/Packaging teams and have delivered exceptional results in a formulation/packaging and processing in food or drink manufacturing environment.
- High levels of commercial awareness are one of the keys to success in this role as well your ability to talk the language of the consumer. Your extensive project management skills coupled with naturally collaborative style will ensure the delivery of exceptional results.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of understanding and working with complex regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Marketing Director, as Group Research & Development Manager (based on site at Middlebrook) you will head up a team of 19 including Formulation and Packaging Development Specialists, a Regulatory Manager and a Technical Co-ordinator.
- You will be responsible for the R&D strategy and budget.
- As Group R&D Manager you will lead the Innovation Stage Process, managing a portfolio of projects (from concept to launch), to ensure that all new and existing products and packaging comply to all regulatory requirements and they are of exceptional quality.
- As part of your role as Group R&D Manager you will work cross functionally with the whole of the supply chain (including 3rd party suppliers ) to deliver key projects including new lines, cost reduction projects, sustainable packaging and the health & well-being agenda .
- A key element of your role will be to develop your team, encouraging a strong learning culture and to champion the Barr Behaviours.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process.
To apply for this exclusive opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to our retained consultant by clicking the apply button below and quoting ref MC4283 or call Max on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.