Greencore are seeking a Quality Assurance Auditor to join their Technical team at our site in Consett. As QAA, you will verify that raw material preparation, manufacturing production and product storage and distribution is compliant with food safety, legal and customers’ quality standards.
The site operates on a 3 shift rotating pattern of 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am.Main responsibilities
- Sample, test, audit and monitor to verify that all processes, procedures and products are being manufactured in a safe & compliant manner
- Conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated to comply with required standards
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal & external audits and highlighting when non-conformance requires corrective action
- Maintain ongoing communications with the operations team and other relevant functions ensuring they are fully aware of quality assurance activities, results and trends
- Collect all relevant samples, with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled
- Provide education and training to operational staff and other teams to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the safety, health and environment policy.
- GCSE or equivalent standard; numerate and literate
- Basic Computer literate for standard office practices
- Health and Safety - level Two
- Food hygiene - level Two
- CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
- Internal Audit Process; Understanding and Experience
- Allergen Awareness; Understanding of risk
- GMP; Knowledge of techniques
- Non-conformance reporting techniques
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
- Basic disinfection principles
- Basic legal labelling practice
- Basic weight legislation
Our modern facility at Consett is a major supplier of chilled ready meals to Asda, Co-op, Morrisons and Nisa. Producing meals inspired from a range of tastes including Indian and Tex-Mex.