This an exciting, new opportunity to join a growing company as an Operations Manager to join their site in the Buckinghamshire area. You will be an instrumental part of the senior management team & will be supporting them in the infancy of their improvement journey.
This SME is extremely driven & determined to build on their success. As the Operations Manager you will be taking the reins of this specialist manufacturing business unit, working to elevate the business performance & develop the teams underneath you. The company have been growing significantly & have a well thought out growth strategy that you would be a key part of; adding value as they strive for operational excellence.
As the Operations Manager you have the chance to drive change & lead the site's operational improvement initiatives. You will be responsible for day-to day duties & driving the business forward through implementation of lean manufacturing techniques & redefining best practice. You will be working closely with the Directorship in order to drive efficiency & you will be responsible for the following:
- The production facility; using available data to ensure the right resources and equipment are available to deliver the production schedule.
- Monitoring team productivity weekly to identify and act upon issues arising, using this as learning to drive improvement.
- Product quality; Setting standards and targets for product quality, ensuring these are met, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Embedding the concept of 'Right-First-Time' into the businesses every day working practices.
- Productivity & labour efficiency; material utilisation/yield).
- Delivery; on-time in full to customers.
- Adapting to changes to priorities, specifications, quantities and late inputs.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives & implement improvement projects.
- Process improvement - project managing the selection and implementation of better methods and equipment.
- Motivating & developing your team; identifying, arranging & supporting any training needs.
- Ensuring that effective Health & Safety inductions are carried out for all recruits including temps and that these are recorded.
- Ensuring that all risk assessments are up-to-date and points arising are embedded in standard operating procedures.
A Production/Operations Manager with:
- Ideally a degree qualification (in a manufacturing/technical/engineering related discipline)
- Experience managing a team in a high value/premium product, batch or bespoke manufacturing company
- Lean manufacturing knowledge & passionate about driving improvements
- A proven track record working to & delivering on OTIF targets
- Strong leadership & people development skills
- Influential & able to drive change through teams
- The ability to interact at all levels within an organisation
Circa £50,000 - £60,000 DOE