Our client is growing and highly ambitious business, under new ownership, and seeking to flourish with new retailer customers on board, and a highly talented and team of professionals at the helm. As part of a team development plan, they seek an Operations Manager to step into the breach between MD and site line managers, and lead the production, engineering and supply chain functions.
The role will report to, and where relevant deputise for, the Managing Director. Leading a team of production, distribution/goods in and engineering personnel, the Operations Manager will set direction and performance targets for the business, and by ensuring GMP across the business, will ensure the safe effective and efficient operation of the factory.
- Primary accountability for factory production, output, efficiency and service
- Responsibility for effective leadership of production, engineering and supply chain functions
- Overall responsibility for ensuring Health, Safety & Environmental policy and procedure is managed and adhered to
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the factory is compliant with food safety standards
- Responsible for development and wellbeing of factory employees
- To drive wherever possible a culture of continuous improvement
- Time served and qualified in a production/engineering/supply chain capacity
- Self-sufficient and able to take responsibility and ownership of all site day-to-day issues
- Ideally, a formal Health and Safety qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH)
- Extensive experience from within a food manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable track record of continuous improvement of operations performance
- Experience with the management of capital and change projects The role will best suit an individual who has multiple function experience, more than one of production, engineering and supply chain, and seeks the opportunity to take ownership of an operation which is growing and developing very successfully. It represents a career development opportunity, so an individual stepping up to this level will be considered on merit.