Are you our missing ingredient?
DFI UK is the number one cheese ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers. We’ve achieved strong, double digit growth over the last five years and we have ambitious plans for this to continue.
DFI Leeds manufactures high quality, highly functional soft and liquid cheese and our customer base and range of end product applications is growing rapidly. It’s a BRC AA grade, highly automated site which is benefiting from significant plant investment to support our growth agenda and in order to remain at the forefront of a highly competitive and fast moving market.
Our Technical team at DFI Leeds ensure that we deliver a quality, legal and food safe product, in line with customer specification. To support and drive this agenda we have a role for a QA Manager who will manage the day to day site Technical activities. Reporting to the Technical Manager on site, you will have day to day responsibility for all QA activity and accountability for the development and continuous improvement of our Quality Management System.
Key Duties will include:
- Managing the day to day activities of the QA team on site
- Maintaining and regularly auditing a documented Quality Management System
- Monitoring adherence to HACCP system and managing site audit schedule to ensure compliance
- Overseeing Pest Control visits and co-ordinating a robust calibration schedule
- Co-ordinating product and environmental sampling and take appropriate action with exceptions
- Completing product traceability exercises to meet customer requirements
- Ensuring complaint investigations are completed to sufficient levels of detail
- Liaising with customers on quality issues and co-ordinating customer visits / audits
- Proactively communicating information to the business on technical performance
- Managing training of own team and Technical training of site colleagues
Who are we looking for?
You will have demonstrable experience or qualifications within the food industry supported by significant experience of food manufacturing processes. Experience within dairy and an understanding of cheese manufacture and composition would be advantageous. Extensive experience of managing and implementing quality systems and internal and external audits is required to ensure we deliver a 1st class product to our customers.
With exceptional communication skills and attention to detail you will have experience of hosting and conducting audits with customers and suppliers alike. Analytical and quality focussed you will demonstrate the necessary leadership skills to drive improvements, address repeat issues and ensure that corrective actions are closed out. Adept at developing good relationships, you’ll work closely with all functions to satisfy our customer and business requirements.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a team player with excellent people management skills who is interested in joining a market leading, KPI focussed, quality driven, business then look no further.