Quality Control Technologist
A hands-on QC role, to manage the company’s Positive Release system- to implement and maintain the company’s high standards of food safety & ensure food hygiene SOP’s & regimes are being followed in food handling areas.
While an experienced QC is preferable, if you are a degree educated, quick learner with attention to details then we would like to hear from you as training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Sample all raw materials at Ashmead site for Positive release.
- Liaise with external laboratories & manage result return timescales.
- Interpretation of relevant guidelines & results. Sign off each product release through Head of Technical.
- Drafting of Certificates of Analysis.
- Drafting of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Hygiene and allergen swabs of the Packhouse & QC room.
- A key member of the HACCP team to report on potential hazards to raw materials & finished goods.
- To sample for and check Quality & develop quality parameters for all raw materials & finished goods.
- Manage QC returns from customers & 3rd party manufacturers.
- Internal audits of the Food Safety Management System.
- Dealing with raw Materials rejection including rejection announcement within company and contacting supplier
- Ensuring that all supplier documents are within date.
- Assisting with customer complaint investigation.
- Tracking FSMS documents to ensure that latest versions are used within company.
- Raising and closing off Non-conformances.
- Checking off Private labels.
- QC of Finished products.
- Degree educated in a Food Science or related discipline.
- Hardworking, enthusiastic team player, with the ability to work independently, prepared to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- ‘Can-do’ approach – ask and learn!
Apply for Quality Control Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly