Fairfax Meadow is one of the UK's leading catering butchers; with over 40 years experience providing Meat & Poultry to the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel Trade. We are proud of our people and believe they are a key factor for our continued success.
Enfield – EN3 7TY
The butchery of meat in accordance with the companies’ operating procedures.
7am – 5pm, 5 from 6 Sunday to Friday. OR 9pm – 5am
£11.50 - £13.50 per hour (days) or £12.50 – £14.50 per hour (nights) (depending on experience).
- To ensure that meat is prepared to the customers’ specification and that the correct product is supplied.
- To be fully aware of each individual customer specification, including the correct raw material, yield required, presentation, packaging and labelling.
- The preparation of the required documentation to comply with ordering procedures.
- To ensure that Hygiene and Health & Safety practices are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to the companies Hygiene and Health & Safety Rules.
- To ensure that red meat and poultry are not handled at the same time to avoid cross contamination.
- To ensure that raw meat is not handled at the same time as wrapped cooked meats to avoid cross contamination.
- To inform the Assistant Factory Manager of any problems with meats received.
- To inform the Assistant Factory Manager of any defects in equipment.
- All butchery is off the highest standards and in accordance with the customer specifications.
- That all meat used is correct for the job and complies with all traceability procedures and is of the correct origin.
- The completion of own costings on a daily basis identifying any shortfalls in yields and communicating such outcomes to the relevant management.
- That stock is held and rotated in line with requirements of the business and agreed company procedures.
- That total compliance with statutory requirements covering Health and Safety, COSSH, Hygiene etc. is carried out.
- That cleaning procedures are carried out diligently to maintain the good hygiene of the site and practicing the ethos of “clean as you go”.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties allocated by the Manager or other senior company employee.
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
This is a description of the role as it is presently constituted and is a summary of the main duties but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and/or updated regularly in discussion with the post holder or as organisational focus/needs change.
Apply for Butcher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly