My client is a major player in the food service arena, providing a one stop shop to QSR, hotels, hospitals and universities. As part of their continuing development they are now looking for a Technical Manager to deliver technical management of their meat cutting and packing plant based in the West Midlands. The Technical Manager will maintain a full QMS and HACCP system to ensure product integrity and traceability. The role will embrace farm to fork.
The job includes responsibility for:
- Ensuring consumer safety and product legality by providing microbiological and hygiene guidance for the factory via HACCP studies of processes, procedures and materials.
- Managing the technical requirements for meat and meat- based products sourced, processed and distributed for key customers, liaising between the supply base and departments within the business including Central Technical, Supply Chain, Procurement and Account Management.
- Managing the company’s Quality Management System
- Ensuring that SOP and practices are followed.
- Internal and external audits of the supply chain
- Creating and sustaining close working relationships with internal colleagues and the customer base
- Traceability checks to ensure the systems are robust
- Maintenance of BRC accreditation
Previous experience as a Technical or Quality Manager in a fresh chilled environment (preferably but not necessarily red meat). Great communication skills; able to lead and motivate to maintain a “quality first” ethos.
Key Words: Meat, Food, Microbiology, Agriculture, traceability, sustainability, statutory obligations, due diligence, high-risk, prepared meat, compliance, supplier audit, food safety and supply chain, BRC, Global G.A.P, Red Tractor.
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter detailing suitability and current remuneration to Paul Comben email@example.com
WSR is acting as a recruitment agency in respect of this vacancy.