Applications Technologist / NPD
Applications Technologist, NPD Warrington, Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for an experienced and highly creative Applications Technologist role.
The ideal candidate with have cross category applications expertise across different areas of food (cross categories) and also have a comprehensive working knowledge of Flavours and Colours.
This role would also be suitable for someone who has worked in the Flavour Industry and/or multiple roles within the Food & Beverage Industries with a strong technical background (Food Science Degree or equivalent or considerable Industry based knowledge) and have a proven track record in commercially successful New Product Development.
- Strong technical background with Food Science Degree or equivalent or considerable Industry based knowledge with a proven track record
- Significant working experience in Applications, R&D, Flavour Development & NPD with proven ability in organoleptic evaluation of flavours and products across a wide range of application categories and sectors
- Strong commercial & market knowledge and awareness cross category & cross sector
- A passion for food and drink and a thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
- The ability to turn consumer insights into tangible ready to consume concepts and solutions for the customers
- Flexibility - can work flexible hours when needed, and travel to customers / exhibitions as required
Key Roles & Responsibilities :
- Manage customer/commercial briefs to address business opportunities as outlined in project pipeline.
- Develop new innovative products and concepts to meet the project brief, be compliant with regulatory requirements, within cost parameters and commercially scalable, shelf stable and suitable for mainstream production.
- Support the commercial/innovation teams to contribute to the growth of our business, taking a creative and strategic approach to brief execution and contributing to brainstorming sessions and account strategy planning as needed
- Demonstrate proficient use of our software and accurate recording of the technical data using these applications.
- Maintain accurate and retrievable records of all recipes and samples sent to clients in our company database
- Strive to be up to date in technical developments / trends related to key application areas
- Plan and participate in tasting sessions and strive to develop expertise and proficiency in the organoleptic evaluation of flavours and ingredients
- Maintain a clean and efficient laboratory work space, adhering to HACCP procedures
Salary: £Competitive Salary +Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: NPD Technologist, Food Technologist, Product Development Technician, Product Technologist, Technical Assistant Technical Coordinator, Specifications, Liverpool, Warrington, Preston, Wigan, Manchester, Chester
Apply for Applications Technologist / NPD
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly