Specifications Technologist 12 month interim - York
We are recruiting for a Specifications Technologist role based in the York area.
Working within the Technical Team and reporting to the Senior Specification Technologist, the role is key to ensuring the quality and safety of all products and ensuring they adhere to customer specification.
This role is a key stage of production and with it comes the responsibility to make sure that only the best products, produced to the correct customer standards and requirements reach the Stores. The trainee Specifications Technologist role will work towards becoming a fully skilled Specification Technologist role, working to pre-agreed KPI's and targets with ongoing and structured support/training from the Senior Technologist .
- Being a champion of product specification whilst incorporating food safety and good practices.
- Attending taste panels as and when necessary
- Challenging processes and seeking improvements to ensure that standards are not only maintained but continually improved.
- Be competent using Microsoft Office - additional support provided, where required.
- Assist in the company's technical function in relation to completion of both internal and customer specifications - either standard office documents or web-based specification systems.
- Ensure all data available to the users is accurate, consistent and robust, enabling efficient production and clear information to consumers that comply with company policies and relevant legislation.
- Must work towards being proficient at understanding current and emerging legislation related to food labelling, F.I.R legislation, and allergens and apply these to the product knowledge and finally the specification.
- Be a good communicator with all site colleagues of all departments/levels.
- To work alongside NPD and Technical providing support at appropriate times and to be involved with factory trials, with the completion of Assembly specifications and QAS.s
- Ensure a "Right first time" approach to the specification writing process.
- Help maintain the database process and factory specifications which are updated regularly and issued out to the various departments or maintained in accessible folders in a timely manner
Essential Criteria & Qualifications
- FIR legislation knowledge and understanding.
- Good computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of FMCG industry.
- Understanding of retailer products and quality standards preferable.
- Experience of successfully managing tasks/projects to completion.
- Applicant should hold full Driving License.
Whilst this role will be office based, there will be a requirement to be able to balance the two sides of the role - 'hands on' technical tasks within the factory environment but also desk based working with the Technical team to achieve accurate and timely specification requirements.
Salary: £Competitive Salary + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people looking for the following: NPD Assistant Specifications Technologist Quality Systems Administrator, Technical Assistant, NPD Technologist New Process Development New Product Development Quality Technical Manager Assistant QA Auditor Packaging Technologist Food Drinks Manufacturing Production FMCG York, Leeds, Hull, North Yorkshire, Leeds, Harrogate, East Yorkshire.