Marston’s PLC is one of the UK’s top pub businesses, as well as the leading brewer of premium cask and bottled ales. We have a heritage that we’re rightly proud of and we now operate over 1,600 pubs, bars and lodges. We offer something for everyone, from the local watering hole to premium pub restaurants; our estate is vibrant and varied.
The role as Food Technologist is a key member of our Compliance Team and is pivotal in ensuring we deliver a reliable customer experience through the provision of legal and accurate product information and maintain the quality of our entire range of food ingredients.
This is a full and varied role providing the opportunity for personal development. As well as ensuring that we achieve legal and corporate requirements, you will also create great relationships with our suppliers and pub teams, therefore this role requires travel across the UK.
- Approve and maintain all ingredient data on our web-based product information database, ensuring consistency and compliance with legislation and policy
- Use the database to create allergen and nutritional reports for our menus and make recommendations for achieving customers’ dietary requirements
- Proof read all food menus and point of sale to ensure it accurately reflects the ingredients used and dish specifications
- You will be the main point of contact for all pub enquiries regarding allergens and will investigate any allergic reactions that may happen to identify the root cause and make recommendations for improvements in the future
- Working alongside the Group Compliance Manager the role is actively involved in our Food Supplier Charter. The Charter is the conscience of our business and details what is required of our food suppliers in terms of our expectations and minimum standards to be worked to e.g. sustainability, animal husbandry, health, audit and corporate responsibilities
- The ongoing quality of our ingredients will be your responsibility as soon as a product moves from NPD stage to manufacturing. You will ensure all products have a quality attribute sheet and through a regular monitoring programme ensure these standards are being maintained.
Profile of our Ideal Applicant
- A real passion for food
- Holder of a food related degree (or equivalent) and experience in a technical food role is essential
- Knowledge of food labelling regulations and specific dietary requirement
- Highly IT literate and confidence with database management are essential - experience of the Starchef system or similar databases would be beneficial
- Excellent numeracy skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- A confident self-starter with strong influencing skills
- Full British driving licence. Must be 1 hour commutable to Wolverhampton
In return we will offer you a competitive salary with £7,500 car allowance, private pension scheme, company discount card, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and much more!
Internal candidates will need to speak to their Line Manager prior to applying. This position is open to internal and external candidates.
The closing date for this vacancy is 14th December 2018.
First stage interviews will be held 19th – 20th December 2018. Second stage interviews will be held 3rd – 4th January 2019.