Head of Production
Reporting to the Operations Director your role is to ensure that Brighter Foods manufacturing processes run smoothly, meeting business targets within company budgets so that Operations deliver products on time, in full, You will be the site lead for all Manufacturing related issues, whilst ensuring that the manufacturing team drives and completes the required customer orders. Responsibility for production staff which will include middle management and you will pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation. You will lead and drive standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping across the site through Good Manufacturing Practice.
- To manage and take full production responsibility for a growing multi-site 3 shift operation by managing direct reports in each production facility.
- To manage and ensure compliance with company hygiene policies and company Health and Safety and Environmental policies at all times. To manage H & S improvement programs within the production function.
- To increase productivity and efficiency with focus on wastage and direct labour efficiency, including monitoring and reducing waste streams through planned improvement initiatives.
- To monitor and achieve agreed production schedules on time and in full.
- To review all audits including customer, external organisations, and internal ensuring prompt resolution of any issues and train out permanent solutions as required
- As required and at least annually review all process Standards, Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments and retrain if necessary
- Manage good working relationships with NPD, QA and the engineering departments.
- Ensuring that the factory has adequate human resources (recruitment and attendance management) with a suitable skill level for current and future operations;
- Report to and actively engage in the Operations Management Team meetings. Communicate well with all stakeholders as and when required.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Operations Management Team to maximize business performance.
- Ensure all direct reports across all shifts operate and maintain the required Brighter Foods Standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Substantial experience in a senior level operations role in an FMCG environment
- Ideally, you will have experience implementing Lean Processes such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5s in order to make informed, positive changes on site quickly and effectively.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent levels of numeracy and literacy
- Good working knowledge of IT including bespoke systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Dynamic, Driven and Engaging
- Possessing impact and credibility amongst the staff team
- Driven by results with a persistent and determined attitude.
- Co-operative and inclusive approach to cross-departmental working
Apply for Head of Production
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly