Interim Hygiene Manager
- ROLE: Interim Hygiene Manager
- BUSINESS GROUP: Aryzta Bakeries UK and Ireland
- LOCATION: Kettering Baker
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To manage the Hygiene, compliance and upkeep of the buildings, assets and site services at a manufacturing unit or company location to ensure continued safety and service to all employees.
REPORTING AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting into the Site Technical Manager you will be fully responsible for performance of the Hygiene department within a high speed food manufacturing environment.
Other Key Unit Contacts
Engineering Manager/ Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the cleaning of the Bakery, production equipment, perimeter areas and staff amenities; ensuring all areas meet the company, customer and legislative hygiene standards on a daily, weekly and periodical basis.
- Purchasing and stock control of hygiene equipment, protective clothing, cleaning chemicals and other as required.
- Compilation/updating of hygiene schedules in accordance with customer COP’s.
- Daily management of the Hygiene personnel team.
- Compliance with record keeping for the Company Quality Management Systems.
- Design and implementation of a site services strategy that minimises Company risk from a technical, financial or health and safety perspective.
- Responsibility for the operational management and service delivery of all contracted services against budget.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that colleagues are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential.
- Develop an effective, disciplined and highly efficient hygiene team
- Set and manage annual budgets, balancing efficiency and effectiveness to ensure services are provided within agreed parameters.
- Identify, prioritise, and create proposals to maintain and develop the site infrastructure in line with Bakery strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with the engineering manager on the maintenance schedule to maximise asset availability for the Bakery.
- Monitor departmental KPI's, aligning activity to ensure targets are achieved.
- Drive quality, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Promote an open and direct management style that encourages progress and development with team members and client stakeholders.
- Ensure financial policies and processes are effectively communicated, implemented and monitored.
- To be customer focused within all areas of operational activities and maximise relationships within internal stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING
- Proven track record of operating at Hygiene Management level within FMCG, food manufacturing environment.
- Project Management skills.
- Understanding of budgetary management.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft and computerised management systems.
- HACCP Trained
- Trained in pest awareness and COSSHH.
- NEBOSH/IOSH Certified.
- Experience of leading a diverse workforce
- Experience of contributing to a multi-functional operational management team
- Ability to complete report writing etc.
- Food hygiene accreditation
- Strong leadership, communication and organising skills
- Self -Motivated and possesses lots of initiative
- Results-orientated with a positive attitude to drive forward continuous improvement
- The ability to work flexible hours in line with business needs (weekend and bank holiday working)
- The ability to manage a budget effectively
- Experience of audits e.g. BRC/M&S/PIU/TFMS (Tesco Food Manufacturing Standards).
Apply for Interim Hygiene Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly