Skilled Operative - Days
Do you want to be paid weekly? Do you want a permanent full time job working on Days with set days each week? .......Then look no further!
We are recruiting for a variety of permanent hourly paid roles on Days in Production, Prep, Operations, Hygiene, Technical and Despatch.
We have various shift patterns and generally on Days the shifts start from 5am to 6am and finish between 2pm and 4.30pm. Day shift patterns are either 5 x 8 hour shifts or 4 x 10 hour shifts.
The majority of vacancies are full time c.40 hours per week and are paid by the hour / minute on a weekly basis. Overtime is paid at time and a half. Full training is provided, and previous experience is not always necessary.Package description
- Enhanced pay rates for working weekend and/or night shifts
- Overtime paid at time and a half - above contracted 42 hours per week
- Paid for every minute you work from your contracted start time
- Free Parking
- Fully subsidised canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Staff Shop - discounted products e.g. ready meals, sandwiches, cakes and other items
- 20 Days holiday per year + 8 statutory bank holidays
- Training, development and qualifications to help you grow your career. Qualifications include Advanced Operator, Team Leader, Food Technologist, Project Manager and Trainee Manager.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts with multiple retailer discounts and offers
- Sharesave Scheme
- Westfield Health Care - Healthcare Cash Plan
- PPE is provided free of charge including safety shoes, thermal fleece jackets/body warmers, gloves and hats
- 13 week training rate at £7.83 ph on Days and £8.16 ph on nights (external candidate only)
The type of skilled vacancies we have in our Factory include the below – the pay brackets are the hourly rates and depend on the shift pattern on Days in that role.
Grade 2 SKILLED – experience preferred but not essential £8.10 to £9.21
- Prep Operatives
- Despatch Operatives - Loader / Window Operative
Grade 3 SKILLED - experience preferred but not essential £8.42 to £9.54
- Machine Operators
- Despatch Operative - Chill
- Despatch Operative – Picker
Grade 4 SKILLED - experience preferred but not essential £8.73 to £9.84
- Despatch Operative - Stores
- Part Qualified QA
All roles have a 13-week training rate paid at £7.83 per hour on days (unless you are internal). Once you have successfully passed the probation period then the hourly rate will increase as per your shift pattern and role type.
We run recruitment / assessment events on a weekly basis at our Manton Wood site in Worksop. Recruitment events are usually run on Thursday mornings for days roles starting at 9.30am. If you apply for multiple roles then YOU WILL ONLY BE INVITED TO ATTEND ONE ASSESSMENT EVENT. During the event we will talk through ALL vacancies we have available at Manton Wood and you will be asked to select your first and second choice. If each of your choices are appropriate based on your skills and/or previous experience, then we will assess you against both and if you are successful it is likely you will be offered one of these.Ideal candidate
- Attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Team player
- Comfortable working in a chilled environment
- Basic Maths & English at Entry level 2 or above for unskilled roles and Entry level 3 or above for Skilled roles)
- Good verbal communication skills
The below are desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Safe working with chemicals (Level 1) (Hygiene Roles only)
- Food Hygiene (Level 2)
- Health and Safety in the workplace (Level 2)
- Experience in a similar role / previous experience
Greencore, Manton Wood produce fresh sandwiches and wraps for many of the Supermarket retailers in the UK. We produce over 4 million sandwiches every week and have almost 2000 employees. The site operate / Produce over a 7 day a week across 2 shift patterns - Days and Nights.
Greencore are a fast paced and growing business who offer plenty of opportunity for employees who want to progress their career in Food Manufacturing / Food Production.