Quality Line Leader
Quality Line Leader
Working with Us
ARYZTA is for people who are passionate about what they do and doing it well. We take pride in our high quality, delicious food and in our leading position as the world’s number one frozen bakery.
Our employees are one of our key ingredients, and together they play a critical role in driving the continued success of our business.
We are always looking for great people to join our diverse global team and we have opportunities spanning a wide range of areas including; Production, Logistics, Finance, IT, Sales, Quality, HR and much more.
In ARYZTA, every day is different. If you are resilient, ambitious, and a team player, ARYZTA could be the place for you to thrive and grow in your career!
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To review and improve quality within the factory through checking against standards, reviewing and informing on raw material, work in progress and finished product.
REPORTING AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting directly into the Quality Assurance Manager Operation on a day to day basis. This role will be expected to be responsible for supporting the smooth running of the Quality department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Bun Scoring at defined intervals and record in the relevant systems and report out of specification material to the QA Manager.
- Complete product quality checks and enter into QDA for SPC on finished product, ie, weight, dimensions and slicing at defined intervals.
- Monitor and operate Eyepro optical evaluation system for product conformance to specification and liaise with Packing Teams to ensure they are reacting.
- Daily quality review of the retention samples in Shelf Life Library.
- Monitor finished products to meet specification and report non-conforming product to the QA Manager, ie hand-bagging checks, weight & dimensional evaluation as directed by individual customers.
- Follow Product Non Conformance and Quarantine Procedures as required.
- Initiate Escalation Procedures as required.
- From time to time, attend ATCQ Bun Scoring Sessions at the local DC.
- Any other quality checks that may be introduced as directed by the Business.
Food Safety & Quality Environmental Monitoring
- Ensure food safety hygiene procedures and work instructions are followed through continual observation and report incidents of concern.
- Monitor process control paperwork in ensuring CCPs, traceability systems and other process control parameters are being followed throughout the factory.
- Provide suggestions to ensure good quality is maintained, issues are resolved and identify areas for continuous improvements.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct audits to schedule for pre-requisites in relation to the HACCP System, ie, glass, hygiene, pest control, personal hygiene, allergens and others as directed.
- Conduct equipment calibration checks at defined intervals.
- Support with customer complaint investigation to identify root cause and establish corrective and preventative actions.
- Complete and review QA Team Shift Handover Reports.
- Filing of daily Process Control documents.
- Support the preparation for Internal/External audits and Customer visits.
- Provide cover from time to time for other Quality Department responsibilities as required.
- Ensuring effective communication with colleagues.
- Liasing with other departments.
- Using all relevant communication methods including mobile telephone and email.
- Influencing the Operational Teams on Product Quality and Food Safety Environmental topics.
Health and Safety:
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with Aryzta Bakeries Ltd in health and safety matters.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Problem Solving
- Good relationship building abilities and influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive attitude
- Strong team player
- Results focused
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00 /year
If you are interested in this role please click apply below.