You have the chance to join a growing FMCG company that are investing in developing their HSE awareness. This Interim HSE Advisor role will be assisting with the development, implementation and communication of all relevant HSE policies at the site, working with an array of products including regulated products. This role is initially on 3 month basis.
This is a company that manufacture specialist products that are going through an exciting period of change. As they strive for operational excellence, they will be investing in stringent HSE processes in order to keep up with customer expectations and to ensure a safe working environment. You will be a big part of implementing site strategy and developing a culture of HSE.
As the Interim HSE Advisor you will initially take on this role on a 3 month basis, working closely with the operation team in order to help transform the working culture and champion health, safety and environmental best practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with, department managers, engineers and other site staff in the preparation and maintenance of HSE risk assessments
- Investigate/record incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Undertake risk assessments and site inspections, identify potential hazards within the workplace processes and ways of working and determine ways of reducing risks and preventing harm
- Develop Safe systems of Works for high hazard activities in line with the wider company approach
- Compiling HSE statistics for reports and training
- Prepare site training matrix, deliver in house training to employees/managers and assist with the management of external HSE training programs
- Facilitate health and safety meetings and coach /mentor managers and Subject matter experts in HSE process and compliance requirements
- Implementing a sustainable mechanism for keeping the site teams up to date with current health and safety legislation and site procedures
- Lead and report on internal audits and safety monitoring including monthly inspections, Senior Manager walk rounds and advise on actions and solutions to improve performance
- Source EHS solutions / equipment as required to close actions from audit inspections and incidents
A HSE Advisor/Officer with the passion to take on more responsibility long term & the following:
- Prior experience within manufacturing (ideally FMCG)
- NEBOSH Certified
- Familiarity with EHS Management standards such as ISO14001 (OHSAS 18001) and ISO 45001
- Risk assessment experience: General, manual handling, COSHH and PUWER
- A proven record of perseverance, diligence and accuracy
- The ability to be self-motivated and to work as part of a team
- Excellent Organisational Skills
Circa £180 - £250 per day