We are one of the leading importers of Superfoods in Europe. Our brands are number one in their respective channels in the UK, and we sell our superfoods into some of the biggest brands and manufacturers in Europe.
As a Buyer at Nutrisure, you will be responsible for sourcing and buying some of the most nutritious foods on the planet, grown in some of the most amazing places. The supply chain is niche and complex and our expectations for quality are high. Our flagship brands Naturya and Funktional Foods rely on the exceptional, consistent quality that has been built on strong relationships with our suppliers.
Therefore, we are looking for a proactive buyer to procure and develop our supply base. A major part of the role will be in the identification and delivery of opportunities in terms of cost optimisation, whilst improving quality, innovation visibility and mitigating supply risk.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Sourcing and selecting partner suppliers to meet business demand.
- Maintaining supplier relationships, following up any non-conformance issues and maintaining quality standards. Reviewing performance against company standards.
- Supporting the launch of innovation projects and sourcing new superfoods into our portfolio within agreed timescales & costs.
- Category management, tendering and negotiation of supply agreements and contracts.
- Negotiating, managing and maintaining contractual and price agreements.
- Analysing key sector metrics to understand trends, translating them into continuous buying improvements.
- Gathering and analysing market data, reporting on findings to support category management & procurement.
- Managing import procedures, incoterms, WTO and lead times. Working with freight forwarders to determine delivery dates and update internal systems.
- Liaising with finance to determine weekly payment schedule, raise POs, complete GRNs and sign off invoices
What we are looking for in you?...
You will be passionate about healthy, nutritious food and working in a vibrant, entrepreneurial business. You will have experience of buying in a food company preferably within an FMCG environment but especially one with a complex, global supply chain. Ideally, but not essential, with knowledge in superfoods and experience in international imports & exports.
You will be naturally analytical with persuasive, negotiating skills and able to influence at all levels internally & externally. A confident, resilient hands-on Buyer with passion and drive that can inspire our suppliers with our vision for this category.
You will have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and be accustomed to working to tight deadlines. You will be highly numerate, have excellent attention to detail and be commercially savvy. Self-motivated with strong planning skills and problem-solving capabilities. You will be confident in all Microsoft programmes and ideally experience of Sage. A second language would be advantageous, preferably Spanish or Chinese. A good sense of humour is a must.
What we offer in return for the best
A competitive salary dependent on experience. A highly motivated team of passionate foodies and innovators in our category. Amazing foods to boost your health and wellbeing. A lovely location to work. The opportunity for an excellent career in this fast-growth, high interest category.
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly