Technical & Quality Director (Great Expat Opportunity)
Renowned for quality, innovation and a diverse product range of protein based products, our client continuous to strengthen their already successful senior operations team, with the appointment of a Quality Director. Maintaining the quality assurance standards so as to adhere to QSR and ISO regulation, the key responsibilities for this position will include the management of the quality team’s activities and maintaining the quality of finished products supplied by the business to ensure that products meet all the required regulatory compliance and customer specification.
- Improve the business culture to one of quality, compliance and technically lead where quality & food safety comes before service and hygiene before operations.
- Be Audit Ready Everyday by increasing the focus on GMP in the factory, heighten the awareness and understanding of customer expectations and operating standards.
- Implement systems, processes, procedures and behaviours in line with leading international food businesses.
- Take on a role of coaching the Quality teams and create development and succession plans.
- Engage with customers at high level and develop trusting relationships and operate in a transparent way with them through regular reviews.
- Attract, retain and develop the best technical talent and creating an environment where we have engaged and motivated colleagues.
- Proven track record of quality management.
- Production manufacturing in chilled & frozen meat.
- BS in Nutrition and Food Science/Technology.
- Knowledge of local and Global regulations.
- QSR’s and or international audit standards.
- Mastering of ISO, HACCP, GMP, and SOP’s.
- Excellent leadership ability.
- Computer illiterate.
- Excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a quality management role and an in-depth understanding of the protein sector. Experience of working alongside customer to deliver consistently high standards coupled with exposure in a strategic, business-wide position is essential. You should be a commercially astute, pragmatic individual with the ability to influence and lead from the front.