The Continuous / Process Engineer will be part of our innovative operations team, driving continuous improvement process-led activities, as well as leading your own projects to further enhance new and existing processes.
- Ownership of the manufacturing processes within one of our three manufacturing facilities.
- Working with the operations and the engineering team improve quality, productivity and output.
- Being the site technical lead on extrusion technology, identifying key areas of improvement in quality and output/efficiency.
- Solving manufacturing problems to resolve process issues, and maintain our positive safety culture.
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment to enable the successful launch of new/existing products.
- Assisting the Operations and engineering team leads with justification of capital investment and infrastructure projects, from functional specification, creation through vendor selection to commissioning and manufacturing release.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to assist in the development of the wider operations team and graduate engineers.
- A Degree in Engineering, Science, manufacturing (or related subject) or extensive equivalent experience.
- 5 Years+ experience and varied technical experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Good track record of personally implementing substantial improvement activities within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues, and develop cross functional relationships.
You'll work on projects that have a direct impact on the end user and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you'll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader.
We offer excellent pension contributions, free parking, competitive salary, a structured induction programme to integrate you into the company, a cycle to work scheme upon qualification criteria, 23-days holiday rising to 24 days from April 2019 then 25 days from April 2020, discounted products and frequent team building activities.