TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Technical Account Manager
Location: West Lothian
This privately-owned food manufacturer supply directly to retail customers across the UK, and are now expanding into international markets. Due to the addition of some new accounts, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Account Manager or Specifications Technologist looking to step up, to manage this high-profile retail account.
In this role you will ensure a professional technical relationship between the company and the retailer Own Label Technical Managers. You will create robust, rigorous specifications for ingredients, process, products and packaging to enable replication of consistent superior product quality.
To be considered you will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual looking to make a difference. You will be passionate about delivering the highest quality standards to customers. The business can offer excellent opportunities for development and progression, and are looking for someone fairly ambitious who is keen to progress their career.
- Convert technical specifications into pack copy incorporating all technical information and claims, ensuring all consumer facing data meets all regulatory standards
- Act as first point of contact for all own label technical queries / issues.
- Work professionally with NPD and Marketing teams to ensure that own label specification and product requirements are answered accurately and promptly.
- Understand and develop people networks required to ensure that complete and validated information is available to be inputted into specifications.
- Attend taste panel and product development meetings at own label retailers.
- Trend and analyse own label finished product microbiological & nutritional analysis results.
- Support the site QA team in achieving excellent own label audit scores.
- Experience working within food manufacturing
- Experience working with retailer’s own label products
- Degree in a scientific discipline (Required)
- Experience working as part of a technical team
- Knowledge of Specifications Systems, Regulatory and Food Manufacturing Standards
The candidate must be experienced in producing specifications within a food manufacturing environment. Additionally, an excellent level of communication skills, both written and verbal is required. A self-starter who can work under your own initiative is desirable along with a high level of personal organisation.
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes to be considered for this position forward your CV today for more information or call Juntao on 0113 205 4970.