Business Development & Account Management
Technically based global food ingredients manufacturer supplying industrial bakeries and grocery multiples.
£Attractive plus Car, Bonus and Pension etc.
Part of a well-established global manufacturer of food ingredients, primarily to the baking industry, this £multimillion corporation has manufacturing operations on all five continents. Their Oxfordshire plant has a well-earned reputation for innovation and the supply of high value added technical ingredients. It supplies the grocery multiple in-store, industrial and craft bakery channels.
- Reporting to the Sales Director for the Industrial and Supermarket Bakeries, your key mission will be to manage and nurture a major existing account as well as to develop business with other completely new accounts.
- Supported by a highly experienced Sales Director and Technical Support Team, renowned for creative innovation, you will identify and lead robust and compelling proposals for customers, coordinating the activities of others ensuring the timely conversion of pitches to orders.
- To facilitate the commercial interface between the company and customers, fostering excellent relationships with key customer influencers in Category Management, Buying, NPD, Supply Chain and Operations Management.
- Working closely with your colleagues in NPD, the Test Bakery and Baking Centre,maximising the use of resources in order to focus on point of difference and added value opportunities.
- Must be an accomplished Account Manager supported by demonstrable success as a new business developer supplying either the industrial bakery sector or any of the major grocery multiples.
- You may be a Food Technologist or you might be a Baker but you must have sold food or beverage products, securing incremental growth with existing customers and successfully secured new customers.
- Your ability to develop close working relationships with Buyers, Category Managers, NPD and Supply Chain Managers will be as important as your ability to win the wholehearted and enthusiastic backing of your own technical support and supply chain colleagues, with the tenacity to stick with projects to their profitable conclusion.
- With an eye for a commercial opportunity, you must be an excellent communicator and genuinely prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ to provide outstanding customer service in a fast moving and complex environment.
- Your location is not critical but ideally, you will live between the M4 and M62 with comfortable access to the M1, A1 or M40.
To apply or this position, which includes clear career opportunities, please click apply below.