EAT. is a branded group of retail cafes, offering the highest quality of innovative, fresh food and drink in a clean environment with excellent service. We currently have over 90 shops across the U.K. and a large kitchen based in Wembley that centrally produces much of the food that we sell.
We are looking for a Process technologist who will help to manage the process of launching products from the concept approval stage to the final launch, reporting into the launch manager.
You will be working within the EAT. Food Team in our EAT. Office in Barbican, but majorly working at the EAT. Kitchen Team at Wembley, organising & running product trials.
The successful candidate will be passionate about ensuring that all EAT. food products are produced safely, legally and with consistent quality.
We are looking for someone with proven process experience in a FMCG or Food Retail environment, and ideally is knowledgeable in working with chilled and hot food products. Having a food background (ideally educated to degree level), and experience of food technical processes and NPD is essential.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role of process technologist is fast paced and varied, working closely with the factory team and many other departments in the business including Technical, Marketing, IT, Food & Procurement. It’s safe to say that no two days will be exactly the same, but you’ll be the kind of person who thrives on this variety, who can find innovative solutions to problems and get things done to tight deadlines and within budget
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Owning all product trials (NPD, EPD & packaging changes), in the central kitchen. This will involve planning trials both internally and externally by ordering ingredients from suppliers & liaising on trial time with the factory team. Conducting the trials accurately & within a timely manner.
- Completing trial plans & post trial reports, including yield checks, labour rates & organoleptic criteria. Working with the technical team to support on sample requirements for micro analysis.
- Alongside running product trials, the process technologist will also be present at launch production to stand over the product quality, signing off new raw materials & chairing the pre-launch meeting with site.
- Creating and implementing the assembly cards for the process steps required for new launches & continuous improvement.
- The role will be split between new product launches & an amount of continuous improvement projects on current products. Demonstrating a ‘problem solving’ attitude on creating the best, most consistent products.
- Inputting of new product information into various systems for launch; to include nutritional information, back of pack, ingredient declaration and allergen information. Systems are marketing, Food & Technical based.
- The individual (together with the launch manager) are the key link between the Central Kitchen & the Food team, thus effective communication & organisational skills are imperative.
- Being accountable for liaising with the central kitchen & retail to work through trials after the concept sign-off, including the effective communication to the business of the key actions from each trial report.
- You will support the modification of existing EAT. recipes to the given requirements e.g. improved taste, etc. and consider and implement any product manufacture modifications.
- You are proactive and flexible
- You can prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- You possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and can influence, challenge and negotiate with team members.
- You have great attention to detail, demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and are able to manage your workload to strict time scales with the relevant due diligence.
- You must be highly organised, have good prioritisation skills and will have strong analytical and numerical skills.
- You are open to change and feel comfortable in a varied role between factory trials and an amount of desk-based information input.
- You use your initiative to spot and solve problems, ensuring that steps are put into place to prevent further issues repeating themselves.
At EAT. we work as ONE so being a team player and have a great sense of humour is essential
In return we will offer you
- 10% Bonus
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Staff food allowance (£6/day)
- 50% discount
- Monthly Social Events
If this sounds like you please apply now!
Unfortunately, due to the high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.