Interim Packaging Technologist - 9 months
- 9 Month Fixed Term Contract view to Perm
- Food Manufacturing experience is essential
We are currently recruiting for an experience Packaging Technologist to join our innovative NPD department, to deliver cost saving projects as well as manage the artwork approval process for product launches.
This new role requires a highly motivated, results focus individual with a keen eye for detail. The successful applicant will be required to project manage high profile cost saving projects, communicating the project progress cross functionally and delivering it within budget and on time.
They will have previous knowledge of running production trials, approving new packaging and managing own label artwork approvals for the major retailers.
Dimensions of Job / Key Performance Indicators
- Cross functional role
- Working with external and internal company customers.
- Attention to detail
- Management of multiple projects working to demanding timescales.
- Responsible for conducting packaging trials across both sites working cross functionally with NPD, production, procurement and engineering.
- Managing and approve transit trials
- Strong communication with suppliers, procurement and the bakeries to manage packaging changes as seamless as possible
- The writing, issuing and management of packaging specifications
- Ensuring new packaging is tested and approved in accordance with BRC requirements.
- To work closely with purchasing team ensuring that development of new and existing packaging is in-line with purchasing supplier strategy.
- Manage the artwork approval process by working closely with relevant internal customers, artwork studio and suppliers to ensure accurate execution of artwork within demanding timescales
- Provide guidance and execute any packaging optimisation opportunities to drive down operating costs
- Creation of supplier briefs to communicate retail concepts to Production, Engineering, Planning, Procurement and suppliers.
- Development of corrugated, thermoforms, film substrates and paper substrates that are fit for purpose and fit within operational capabilities.
- Provide guidance and execute any packaging optimisation opportunities to drive down operating costs.
- To identify novel innovations and new technologies and communicate these opportunities to relevant individuals within the company.
- To develop and maintain links with suppliers so that current and future technical opportunities can be identified to ensure the company are working to Best Practice and are using market leading technologies.
The candidate must:
- Have a good working knowledge of corrugated
- Have the ability to carry out plant and transit trials, generate reports and feedback to key stakeholders
- Have excellent project management skills
- Have previously worked with retailer’s artwork websites and be up to speed with the own label artwork approval process.
- Have the ability to excel in cross communication and be able to use their skills to influence and champion change within new product development.
For further details, contact Alex Rappestad at D R Newitt on 0131 226 50 60.
Apply for Interim Packaging Technologist - 9 months
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly