Home Economist / Concept Developer
Home Economist / Concept Developer, Oldham, Food Manufacturing
The Company is a c£160million business which supplies cakes and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
Their products include, high end celebration cake products, slab cakes and mainstream desserts, they mostly supply Marks & Spencer's although they also supply major retailers including Sainsburys, Tescos Co-op and Aldi and Morrisons.
The Company is a profitable business with a clear commercial strategy and a strong relationship with its customers and suppliers through its energy, style and commitment to partner relationships and quality. They currently have a vacancy for a food Science graduate or someone with a L2/L3 Bakery and Patisserie qualification to join their team in this development role as a Home Economist / Concept Developer.
In this role you will support all aspects of concept development, specifically the re-creation of product samples to a required standard, and any key organoleptic and shelf life testing thereafter.
You'll also ensure the transfer of product from concept to handover and during factory testing, follows the identified company development process.
- Re-producing product samples to identified set standards
- Organising sample requests and communicating effectively with trading assistants and selectors over delivery expectations
- Working with and through suppliers to ensure that collaborative relationships are developed.
- Ensuring effective stock rotation of raw materials
- Taking an active role in brainstorm and brief response, together with the concept team
- Ensuring effective recording of key product standards and tolerances
- Working in a hygienic manner and employing a clean as you go principle within the department
- Keeping up to date with key development trends both in the UK and international food industry in general, but especially within the bakery and patisserie sectors.
- Attending trade and innovation shows to develop knowledge of the sectors in which they operate
- Ensuring products are photographed and tested from an organoleptic, shelf life and storage perspective, ensuring repeatability and consistency.
- Being part of the product handover process and supporting the concept team as required
- Creating a Home Economy brief so that nominated photographers can replicate aspirations on look and feel
- Undertaking learning and development as required, to ensure a continuous improvement in skills and knowledge base
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally educated to L3 or above within the bakery and patisserie sector or a Food Science graduate or equivalent
- Strong communication and engagement skills and a critical eye for detail
- Organisation skills, and the ability to work methodically and prioritise and meet deadlines with good forward planning skills
- Problem solving skills to facilitate concept ideas through to factory delivery
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
Package: up to £20,000 per annum + Benefits including: 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays, Money purchase pension scheme with 2% contribution of salary, Discount scheme operating across several online and high street retailers
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Food Technologist, Development Technologist, FMCG, Manufacturing, Production, Graduate, QA Technician, Quality Auditor, Technical Assistant, NPD, Patisserie, Chef, Bakery, Manchester
Apply for Home Economist / Concept Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly