NPD Process Technologist
Process Technologist, Graduate or with Experience, Oldham, Food Manufacturing
The Company is a c£160million business which supplies cakes and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
Their products include, high end celebration cake products, slab cakes and mainstream desserts, they mostly supply Marks & Spencer's although they also supply major retailers including Sainsburys, Tescos Co-op and Aldi and Morrisons.
The Company is a profitable business with a clear commercial strategy and a strong relationship with its customers and suppliers through its energy, style and commitment to partner relationships and quality.
They currently have a vacancy for a food Science graduate with either one years experience, or looking for their first role to join their NPD team.
In this role you will support the Senior Process Technologists working on key development priorities across the business.
- Liaising effectively with Senior Process Technologist to determine Challenge product reformulations to include recipe improvements and Value Optimisation customer needs.
- Ensuring product concepts from the Concept Team are up scaled in the factory for timely and accurate delivery to retail customers.
- Responsibility for planning arranging, managing and controlling factory trials
- Working collaboratively with the packaging team to ensure packaging technology and innovation is an integral part of the development process.
- Working collaboratively with the engineering team to ensure new technologies are an integral part of the development process.
- Ensuring adherence for critical path management and quality of delivery and key development priorities within their area, including tracking and analysis of trials.
- Effective performance management, through robustness of systems and adherence to process.
- Accountable for gathering information provided for Product Passport, Pack Copy, Quality contracts & Internal process control sheets.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Food related qualifications with a Food Science Degree or equivalent
- Ideally and one years experience in large scale Food Manufacture, preferably within Bakery or Desserts.
- Strong communication and engagement skills and a critical eye for detail
- Able to demonstrate forward thinking and long term planning capabilities.
- Ability to problem solve to facilitate concept ideation through factory delivery.
- Organised and efficient to enable delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
Package: up to £25,000 per annum + Benefits including: 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays, Money purchase pension scheme with 2% contribution of salary, Discount scheme operating across several online and high street retailers
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Food Technologist, Development Technologist, FMCG, Manufacturing, Production, Graduate, QA Technician, Quality Auditor, Technical Assistant, NPD, Patisserie, New Product Development, Process Developer, Chef, Bakery, Manchester Coordinator, Controller, Graduate, Manchester, Oldham, Lancashire, Bolton, Rochdale, Preston, Leeds
Apply for NPD Process Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly