- Permanent position with flexibility to working week
- Based Leeds City Centre
- Competitive Salary and Package
Due to planned innovation and brand growth we are looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join our team. The Meatless Farm are a British company, based in Leeds centre producing plant-based meat alternatives. Following 2 years of product development and research we recently launched into the market and have ambitious plans to build Meatless Farm into an international brand.
- Manage end to end supplier approval process including audits and maintenance of the approved supplier list.
- Work closely with the head of R&D in all related technical considerations when developing new products
- Regular liaison with customer, supplier and manufacturing regarding new specifications and technical challenges
- Technical research and trialling within our Laboratory facilities at Leeds University where the latest technology will be available to you
- Responsible for building and managing the technical budget
- Oversee the manufacturing QMS/Food safety systems and implement corrective actions where required
- Investigate and implement corrective actions for customer complaints
- Participate in site trials for new materials and products from a technical aspect
This post will report to the Managing Director and involve a close working relationship with the R&D Director.
Applicants will need to be suitably qualified and currently be working in a technical based role. Ideally you will be within a similar food related industry and have worked closely with NPD and manufacturing partners to deliver a first-class technical service.
- Experienced in all aspects of technical with a bias to ingredient science and safety
- Expert in HACCP (Level 4 qualified) and Food Safety
- Degree/ HND qualified preferably within food science/technology
- Experienced in utilising retailer portals will be an advantage
- Competent user of Microsoft Office with effective communication skills
- Excellent RCA skills with a pro-active and driven approach to challenges as they arise
- Flexible to working on variety of tasks at any given time
- Able to implement effective procedures and processes where required
As an organisation we can offer flexibility around the working hours / days within reason depending on business needs. This post will require both UK and International travel.
Closing Date: TBC