Senior Food Scientist
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 3 billion annual sales and over 30,000 employees with a network of 400 laboratories in 42 countries.
The Eurofins Group provides a combination of analytical testing, product design, sensory and consumer services to its global food and consumer goods clients.
The Eurofins Food Integrity and Innovation division, formerly Covance Food Solutions, is looking to add a Senior Food Scientist to our team.
You will be working on a variety of product categories and as part of a dynamic small team on the Thames Valley Science Park, Reading, UK, site, with colleagues of a similar background.
This is an exciting time to join the company, working as part of the global product design services, where collaborative innovation is key to success for our food industry clients.
The Senior Food Scientist is highly versed in all phases of the food and beverage product development cycle and is responsible for leading the technical development of client projects and programs. From concept, through to commercialization and launch. Additionally, they may have line management responsibility and manage either an individual or small team of junior technologists.
- Owns multiple client relationships including; selling our services, scoping out project proposals and managing all stages of project delivery with little supervision, delivering exceptional services to the client/s.
- Leads and manages the technical delivery of client projects, responsible for managing all stages of development or quality projects to deliver exceptional service to the client.
- The Senior Food Scientist could have direct supervisory responsibilities for Junior Technologist/s and indirect supervisory responsibilities for other members on a project basis.
- Recruits, leads, inspires and motivates his/her team.
- Provides technical Instructs and training, plans, schedules and assigns work, checks and approves work.
- Attends industry seminars, events and exhibitions in order to develop technical skills or enhance understanding of trends, ingredients or manufacturing process.
- Represents company at tradeshows, selling our global services and enhancing our company profile.
- Occasionally presents at seminars, webinars or expo’s as technical expert.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a food related field (e.g. Food Science, Food Technology, Food and Nutrition, Product Development, Food Processing).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Has worked within a blue-chip company or in applications on behalf of clients or customers.
- Practical experience in product development or ingredient applications, can demonstrate managing complex development projects and has been involved in end to end delivery. From formulation design to factory scale up and implementation.
- Can demonstrate the ability to manage internal and external clients / stakeholders.
- Has experience in product development in any of the following food categories; bakery, snacks, dairy or beverages.
- People management experience desirable but not essential.
- HACCP trained.
Salary; Very competitive
Hours; Mon – Fri 9-5:30