Plant Development Manager
Position: Plant Development Manager
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for a Plant Development Manager to join our team. Do you thrive in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
Directly responsible for the management and leadership of site executional excellence and project change management using defined CI tools and change management principles. Primary business contact for all change, growth and NPD initiatives that potentially impact the Haddenham Operation, working closely with project Engineers, Performance Manager, Reliability and Process leads.
- Design and monitor with the Promotions team, the Journey to excellence roadmap comprising of 2 Key elements - Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) & High Performing Organization (HPO), ensuring audit coordination and delivery of action plans.
- Focal point of all plant change (internal or externally generated):
- Owns the Authority to Modify (ATM) process
- Key liaison for R&D, Technical, Procurement, Projects and Commercial development
- Owns commercialization from plant perspective
- Represents the plant as technical expert
- Drives simplification/de-complexity in the plant
- Support to the Dubai operation, working closely with the Operations Manager.
- Builds the business case for plant investment, in collaboration with the EMEA project engineering team and finance:
- Capital control point (financial)
- Execute directly Projects <$0.1 MM; supports execution with Region for >$0.1 MM
- Supports strategic capacity planning
- Application and selection of capital assets.
- Co-ordinate cost saving and improvement activities with Engineering. These activities will include: Product Quality, Site Fabric, Equipment purchase, Equipment Improvement, CIP systems and the development of the Site Health & Safety policy.
- Work with different functions to prepare and implement capital projects.
- Manage and provide technical solutions on environmental issues, waste disposal, building services, the fire alarm system, and the daily maintenance of all the site services (Air, Chilled Water, Refrigeration, Steam and Potable water supplies) and the two effluent plants
- Supporting the Factory Management team in the development of Functional and Site Improvement activities that cover all aspects of the Haddenham Operation, Sustainability projects, Waste reduction, OEE, Co-ordination of Lean Manufacturing initiatives and Operational Process Improvements.
- The delivery of strategic cost savings and improvement projects via specialist engineering. To support the Engineering Group Leaders in identifying best practice and the delivery of the Engineering Development Plan.
- Shared accountability for strategic leadership of Haddenham Factory, as part of Factory Management Group.
Comply with all rules regarding Health & Safety, to ensure that all new equipment is operated safely and to report any accident, injury, or unsafe practice in accordance with procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Manufacturing related subject.
- Project and Change Management experience and an Understanding of the Tools and Techniques used in Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Demonstrable experience in an Operations environment, with proven record of target-focused delivery in fast-paced Operational environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with multinational teams with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong user of IT, with proven knowledge of MS Office application.
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply below.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.