Technical Director | Food Production
1 day left
- Contract Type
We are a supplier of premium fresh fish, value added fish products and raw ready to eat fish to all the major UK retailers and to food service customers in the UK. We have nearly 500 employees based in our manufacturing site in Chessington, Surrey and nearly 200 based in our manufacturing site in Grimsby, Lincolnshire.
Our core purpose is to enhance lives through fish. Our vision is to be the “go to” partner, loved by our customers, chosen for our species and famous for consumer-led innovation, in showing people how to enjoy fish every day.
What is the key purpose of this role?
The Group Technical Director role sits on the Group Operating board and is accountable for the delivery of safe, high-quality food products that comply fully to our internal NESI standards and those of our customers. Delivered through both setting and delivering the Technical vision and standards across the group, via the strategic alignment of all New England manufacturing sites and suppliers.
This position will require weekly travel, including overnight stays, to both Chessington/ Grimsby sites.
- Accountability and management of the sites Technical teams, Technical Systems and controls that support shared ‘retailer accounts’ and Retail Technical Managers.
- Ensure NESI’S supply base compliance standards, encompassing Sustainability, CSR, and Ethics are both communicated and in place across the Supply base, supported with, as appropriate, ‘supplier improvement plans’.
- Through the Senior Technical team comprised of, the Group Technical Account Manager, the Group Technical Compliance Manager and the Group Technical Manager, ensure alignment of end to end systems, Technical KPIS’s and Technical metrics across the group. Ensure all are successfully, cascaded, communicated and implemented across the group.
- Deliver a robust compliance and improvement auditing programme that ensures as applicable, alignment to the relevant customer codes of practise.
- Through the Group Technical Manager implement clear QAS standards across the site that drive quality, reduce waste and improve control.
- To Lead, develop and coach the Technical team, harnessing talent and ensuring there is a clear Technical succession plan in place spanning all levels.
- To set and lead the Technical strategy across all sites, ensuring it is embedded in the ‘ways of working’ across the group and at all operational levels.
- Develop a Technical innovation agenda (as part of the overall strategy) which yields product, process or people improvements.
- Build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders, influencing customers, suppliers and industry bodies, representing NESI and promoting NESI’s reputation.
- Ensure that all third-party audits achieve the highest possible standards, or a year on year improvement e.g. BRC AA*, TFMS – Blue, M&S Integrity & Food Safety Audits – Gold, MMS- Green.
- Through the Senior Technical team manage and ensure alignment of the Customer, Compliance and factory standards. To both deliver and exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Contribute to and influence the delivery of, the sites annual budgets, through the controlled management of the Technical overhead.
- Contribute and influence the future delivery of Group profitability and shaping of the Group strategy and agenda, as a member of the Operating Board.
- Travel to sourcing markets (UK and beyond) and within the UK to both Nesi and suppliers and customers sites/head offices.
Experience, skills and attributes required:
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate sound evidence of the following:
- A sound track record of working within FMCG environment, preferably within the chilled food category
- Experience of Low Risk and High care and/or High-Risk manufacturing operations.
- Extensive experience and success in developing and leading Technical strategy and setting Technical agendas – with a proven track record of delivery.
- A strong track record of delivering Technical innovation through sustainable changes and improvements.
- Sound experience of leading and influencing across the supply base on all Technical matters
- Broad team Management and people development experience
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability both to coach and lead across a multifunctional organisation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills:
o Proven ability to consider differing viewpoints and make decisions based on facts and the strategic direction of the business
o Proven ability to partner with colleagues and customers
o Respected stakeholder with strong customer management skills
- Strong financial management and commercial skills
- Experienced in problem solving (to root cause) with strong analytical and diagnostic ability
- Ambition to not accept the ‘Status Quo’ continually driving for improvements and improved ‘Ways of working’. With strong aspirations to achieve, deliver and progress demonstrated by improving KPI scores across all Technical metrics.
Our values run through our business and are Respect, Customer Care, By Learning we Grow, Team Spirit and Integrity.
Apply for Technical Director | Food Production
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly