Engineering Manager / Head of Engineering
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Engineering Manager / Head of Engineering
Salary: Superb Salary, Bonus, Car allowance, Excellent Pension, Family Healthcare, and Relocation
We are recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join Dairy Crest at their high profile site in Somerset. They are a leading Dairy Company making market leading brands including Cathedral City Cheese and Clover Dairy spread, the No1 branded cheese and dairy spread, country life butter.
As a passionate leader of your people, this is a great opportunity to join the team at Frome as we undergo a cultural transformation to embed best practice. The Engineering Manager role plays a key part in contributing to the strategic decision making process, whilst being hands on to understand and challenge to secure the achievement of tough quality, productivity, people development and customer service targets, whilst ensuring a safe working environment.
You have the opportunity to make a difference helping to shape the culture here at Frome and supporting your team to reach their full potential.
- We are looking for a highly experienced Site Engineering Manager (ideally Chartered) with a degree or equivalent qualification who has led large teams in a World Class Manufacturing Environment. You will have delivered results through Lean Manufacturing in a fast-paced demanding production environment.
- You will have strong commercial skills, having the proven ability to manage and develop multi-million-pound budgets and ensuring that capital programmes deliver results and cost savings.
- You will be a credible senior team player who is a natural communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. As you will have excellent influencing skills and the ability to work in a multi-functional team environment and at board level.
- You will have exceptional people management skills coupled with excellent coaching ability. Proven track record in managing performance through their people
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work as part of the senior management team on this flagship site. With a team of 4 direct reports and 16 indirect, you will lead a key function on this very large, highly automated site. You will develop your team, through coaching and mentoring. Developing skills and ensuring a well-structured and motivated Engineering team is in place, to build a positive performance culture.
- As Site Engineering Manager, you will share, guide and develop engineering practices, promoting and implementing technical standards through your senior team to develop a world class Engineering platform.
- You will continually review all aspects of the Engineering Function, guaranteeing sustained engineering performance and delivering world class internal customer service.
- You will be responsible for building the annual investment plan, the implementation of the revenue expenditure programme, as well as managing the Capex for the site.
- As part of your role you will manage, motivate and lead the Engineering team. As an intrinsic part of this you will be supporting the development and evolution of a Safety Culture within the department. Ensuring that practices are kept up to date with current and proposed legislation regarding Engineering Safety Statutes and Codes of Practice.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process.
To apply for this exciting role, please apply below.