Engineering Manager, Glasgow, Food Manufacturing Company, Food Manufacturing
The role is to effectively manage Engineering resource ensuring continuous improvement and optimisation of plant and equipment.
- To manage, develop and maximise team performance, through the utilisation of sound leadership and coaching techniques.
- Develop 'Line Plans' identifying key areas of 'downtime' and remedial actions necessary to negate re-occurrence.
- Ensure all plant, equipment and ancillary building services are maintained to the highest standard.
- Prepare team briefs and group discussions to improve communication and motivation.
- Be instrumental in the effective use of Manpower in relation to Planned Preventive Maintenance Scheduling and unplanned equipment failures.
- Strive to forge strong bonds with operations, becoming more aligned and customer orientated as a result.
- Drive Engineering standards, in particular Performance, Attitude, Workshop cleanliness, Job and Tool Audits.
- Deliver and support site legislative requirements focusing on Safety, Quality and Good Manufacturing practices.
- Understand weekly expenditure and benefits gained through the adoption of a 'Value for money' approach to Cost Centre Management.
- Identify and manage cost effective area improvement projects to gain competitive advantage within the business
The Ideal Candidate:
- Recognised Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification. City & Guilds minimum.
- Proven track record of Front Line Management within an FMCG environment.
- Thorough understanding of PPM techniques
- Strong desire to develop and coach team performance.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Mechanic, Multiskilled, Supervisor, Team Leader, PPM, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Food, Drink, Beverages, Production, Stirling, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Kilmarnock
Apply for Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly