Role title: Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Location: Gravesend, Kent
Salary: Attractive remuneration
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for fault finding and repair a range of food manufacturing equipment including building, fabrication, maintenance and fitting of new parts. The working shift will be 4on/4off, 12.5 hours per shift.
- Carrying out routine scheduled fabrication and maintenance work.
- Diagnosing breakdown problems.
- Training and guidance of Machine Operators including equipment care.
- Repairing of equipment including fabrication repairs in the factory
- Fitting new parts.
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns.
- Undertaking scheduled maintenance and PPM.
- Support the Site Services Manager for equipment, maintenance resources and correcting existing discrepancies.
- Examine or carry out tasks on broken parts and identify defective parts or give recommendations on repair requirements.
- Application of lubricants or other materials to machines or their parts as well as other equipment.
- Put machine parts together correctly after accomplishing maintenance and repair work.
- Respond in a timely manner to all maintenance requests and concerns raised by other department and team members according to the company process.
- Report all potential accidents and machine make sure that any accidents are recorded in the appropriate place and in line with company procedures.
- Supporting the Hygiene team on the dismantling and replacing of machine parts or equipment during the cleaning window.
- Conduct pre – production machinery and equipment start – ups.
- Proven experience within similar food production and/or FMCG environments
- Qualified Multi-skilled Engineer with electrical qualifications (minimum NVQ 3)
- 17th Edition
- The role involves manual handling and the ability to withstand working in cold storage conditions on a daily basis
- The role requires an alert disposition, working in the vicinity of forklift and moving machinery
Interested? Would you like to know more? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on: 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.