Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Role title: Lead Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands
Salary: £31,000 pa + benefits
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for a Lead Control & Instrumentation Engineer to join a unique energy provider and their maintenance team.
The Lead C & I Engineer will be responsible for the implementation and execution of corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance in all areas of the process including but not limited to turbines, boilers and generators. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Engineer and managing a small team including an apprentice, you will ensure that the maintenance department delivers a safe, effective and efficient service to operations and their clients.
- Leading the controls and instrumentation team, mentoring the progression of apprentices and team members throughout
- Implementation and development of the site CMMS, liaising directly with the Maintenance Manager and Electrical & Mechanical Team Leaders
- To assist in the strategic development of the maintenance philosophy at Enviroenergy by implementing new techniques & procedures directed at increasing plant availability
- To be directly involved in the planning stages of all planned outages to ensure outage time schedules and specific maintenance programmes are completed on time & within budget
- To supervise/liaise with sub-contractors either as a general additional maintenance resource or specific maintenance contracts
- To deputise for the Electrical Maintenance Team Leader when required and assist with DH network breakdowns from time to time
- Carry out ladder logic modifications & SCADA changes as required
- Source spares & replacement components
- Maintain plant records & testing certificates for the site
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 3 qualification in electrical engineering OR controls & instrumentation
- Trained to a minimum of C&G parts 1 & 2 with current 17th edition regulations knowledge & an advantage of C&G 2391 inspection & testing
- Ideally have 11kV operational experience or a willingness to learn
- A working knowledge of various variable speed drives & controls
- Fault finding/repairs & design of installations on Instrumentation systems, including temperature, pressure, level positioning & flow meters and 4-20mA signals in particular
- Fault finding/ repairs & installations to PLC systems, Allen Bradley, Siemens etc
- Fault finding/ repairs and installations to device net systems, interbus, profibus, netbus etc
- You’ll also have a good understanding of HACCP principles and IEE qualification up to 17th edition writing regulations.
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on: 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.