Technical Manager - Virani Foods Products Ltd
Salary circa £60K per annum
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, and operating from a purpose-built production facility and a second warehouse site, Virani Food Products Limited is a family owned business employing 60 dedicated and professional staff.
Founded on the market-leading Virani brand of gram flour we have become the supplier of choice for spices, seasonings and pulses to many leading blue-chip food manufacturing companies servicing the highly demanding UK retail market. Virani is included in the M&S A List for Dried Herbs and Spices as a miller and blender.
Virani has recently been through a period of significant organic growth and we are seeking to appoint a Technical Manager to our senior management team who will develop and lead the Technical team to drive standards and compliance forwards.
Reporting directly to the General Manager this is a key position within the business responsible for leading a small Technical (2.5) and Quality team (3). The Spice and Herb sector is considered high risk by many customers and requires that supply chain assurance and integrity are the main priorities.
This role offers a great opportunity for a talented manager looking to progress and move up to a senior management position but equally the role may also suit a more established candidate looking for a new challenge within a more autonomous SME environment. In either case the breadth of responsibilities will challenge those who wish to develop within a business that encourages all to take ownership, act swiftly and challenge the status quo.
- Supplier assurance and risk assessment, TACCP and VACCP
- Customer relationship management
- Raw Material and Finished Product Evaluation
- Creation and maintenance of finished product and raw materials specifications
- Internal and external auditing
- Developing and reinforcing factory technical standards
- Delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
- Developing a technical strategy to support overall business objectives.
- Manage, lead and motivate direct and indirect reports within the technical team.
- Maintain and develop the site Quality Management System
- Manage regulatory, customer and food safety standards (BRC, HACCP)
Essential attributes required for this position include:
- Prior experience of effectively leading a Technical Team
- Experience in continuously developing supplier assurance programmes
- Experience of communicating and interacting with senior client stakeholders
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to generate and implement creative solutions.
- A strong internal & external customer service ethos geared to meeting and where possible exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the company
- Track record of continuously improving team performance.
- Advanced or Intermediate HACCP qualification
- Lead Auditor qualification
Desirable attributes include experience of:
- Ingredients Supply (particularly spices and/or pulses).
- Sanderson Unity F8 (or Formul8) ERP software.
- Operating to M&S’s Codes of Practice
To apply for this role, please email your full CV, covering letter and salary expectations by clicking the apply button below.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly